Do you face problems like “Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 ?” Many users handled the same problem after Windows 10 update worldwide.
Bluetooth is one of the important accessories in our day-to-day activities. You can connect it to different devices like computers, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets. Once connected to your device, you can listen to music, make a call and play games with friends easily. Sometimes, Bluetooth is not connected with Windows 10 for multiple reasons.
This guide will help you to get ideas to rectify the “Bluetooth Windows 10 not working.”
Main Causes for Windows 10 Bluetooth Not Working:
A combination of software and hardware issues can create a windows 10 problem, especially Bluetooth not working. Often, multiple Bluetooth devices interpret each other when you are trying to connect the device. The connection problem can occur for various reasons, such as operating systems, software, or driver update. On the other hand, the Bluetooth connectivity issues include:
- Activating and deactivating the wrong settings in Windows 10.
- Turning off the Bluetooth devices.
- The broken device.
Check if Your System Has Bluetooth Option:
Bluetooth capability is the first option you must notice on the Windows 10 system. The system’s model number will help you to understand whether your PC has a Bluetooth connection. The model number of your device can also be viewed on the company’s website.
Here is another way to check if your system has a Bluetooth option:
- Go to the “Settings” app by pressing the “Windows key + I” on your PCs.
- Select “Devices”
- Choose “Bluetooth & other devices.”
- Now you can view the “On / Off button.” If it is not visible, you can confirm that your system doesn’t have “Bluetooth capability.”
- If your system doesn’t support Bluetooth capability, use an external Bluetooth adapter to connect the Bluetooth to your device.
Reinstall The Bluetooth:
Reinstalling your Bluetooth connection will fix your Windows 10 Bluetooth not working. Once you uninstall & reinstall it, your problem might be resolved.
- Go to the search option and enter “device mgr” to open “Device manager.”
- Click -> device manager & Find Bluetooth device, then click it.
- Press “Uninstall device” on your computer or laptop
- Your screen will show you the prompt to confirm uninstalling the driver.
- Select “Uninstall”
- After installing your driver, you can restart your computer or laptop.
- Now you have to wait for windows to install a new driver automatically, or you can also visit your device manufacturer’s website to check if any update is available.
Another solution to fix your Windows 10 Bluetooth not working problem is updating the driver. Sometimes the outdated driver’s version will slow the performance of your computer when you are working. To avoid such issues, update your device drivers on your computers/laptops.
- Move to “Device Manager”
- Right-click on your Bluetooth device
- Choose “Properties”
- Select the “Advanced tab.”
- You can enter the number next to the Manufacturer ID.
- Now it’s time to type your Manufacturer ID.
- It identifies the Bluetooth accessory’s manufacturer and directs it to the page so that you can download the latest driver.
If you haven’t noticed any updates for the device drivers, you can manually update the latest driver for connecting your Bluetooth device.
You can use professional software programs to update your driver automatically. It performs a deep scan and downloads suitable drivers for your computers or laptops with a few clicks.
Check If Bluetooth Service Is Running:
If you have encountered the issue of Windows 10 creators update Bluetooth not working on your device, you can restart the Bluetooth service by the following steps:
- Go to “Search” and enter services.MSC to open “Services.”
- Notice the “Bluetooth Support Service”
- If the Bluetooth service is deactivated, right-click on it and choose “Start.”
- If it’s activated, right-click it and select “Restart” on your computers or laptops
- Now, wait for a few minutes until the process is finished
- Then, restart your computer and check your Bluetooth connection
Turn On and Off Bluetooth Icon:
Software glitches are one main reason Bluetooth does not work on Windows 10. You can overcome the issue by enabling and disabling Bluetooth by the below-mentioned steps:
- Press the “Windows + I” ( Windows logo and I ) key on your keyboards to launch the Windows settings app
- Choose “Devices”
- Switch the Bluetooth button to deactivate
- Wait for a few seconds, then toggle the Bluetooth button to activate
- Now you can check if the device is paired with your computer or laptops
Updating Windows 10 OS will have an in-built troubleshooter option that automatically detects the problem & rectify it.
- Go to the “Settings” icon
- Scroll down to “Updates & Security” and select “Troubleshoot.”
- Choose “Bluetooth” and move to the choice which says “Run troubleshooter.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and allow the process to end
- Now, you can restart your computer to check if the issue has been fixed
Update Windows OS:
Windows update help to solve the Bluetooth not working on Windows 10. You can check for your updates manually by the below steps:
- Press the “Windows” (Windows logo) key on your keyboards
- At the bottom left corner of your screen, tap the “Settings” icon
- Move down and choose “Update & Security.”
- Select “Windows update.”
- Tap “Check for updates.” If your screen shows updates, download and install it.
- Now you can restart your computer.
Change The Power Savings Settings:
Power savings options may seem unrelated to solving your Bluetooth not working on Windows 10. When you enable the power-saving settings, it automatically deactivates the Bluetooth icon. You can change these settings to solve your issue.
- Open “Device Manager” on your device
- When it opens, find your Bluetooth and double-click the option
- Now the “Properties windows” will launch
- Move ahead to “Power Management” and uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” on your PCs
- Select “Ok” to save the changes
Occasionally, you cannot find the “Power plans” on your computers when needed. You can run the troubleshooter and try the above-mentioned steps again in such a case.
Try a Different USB Port:
You can check the USB port if you haven’t noticed any Bluetooth damage. It helps you to figure out the problem, and you can change the USB port to view the difference visibly. Here are a few common examples of this issue:
Bluetooth is not available on Windows 10 – If you find your Bluetooth unavailable, you will be prompted by an error message. Use that error message to examine the problem.
Unable to connect Bluetooth on Windows 10 – Sometimes, Bluetooth-related problems can cause Bluetooth connection problems.
The Bluetooth Disappeared Windows 10 – System errors sometimes cause Bluetooth to withdraw from your PCs completely.
Bluetooth not detecting Windows 10 – Even when everything works perfectly, your Bluetooth service can cause problems and is unavailable to detect other devices.
Conclusion for Bluetooth Not Working on Windows 10
We conclude that your Bluetooth may not be working properly due to a few problems on your device. We hope the above tips solve your “Windows 10 Bluetooth not working” issue. If any fixes don’t help you, change your Bluetooth or contact your nearest service center.