Avast antivirus program is a productive tool to protect the system from virus, malware & hacking. There are several problems with the avast and the most common issue is avast not working Windows 10. However, if the avast antivirus not working with Windows 10, the blog provides the instant fixes to rectify!
Avast antivirus not working can be caused by various problems such as software bugs, hardware issue, OS problems and more. You may follow the steps which provides on the article will help to solve the avast not working with windows 10.
If you are a new user on Windows 10, you might find to fix avast not working with Windows 10. Let’s dive in!
Reasons For Avast Antivirus Not Working Windows 10
The primary causes for avast not working after Windows 10 update are the corrupted installation process of old software and firewall or VPN. Now let’s discuss the reasons briefly.
Installation Process will be corrupted: If the antivirus program is not installed correctly on the device, it might result in avast not working with Windows 10. Sometimes, if the installation file gets distorted could cause of the avast antivirus not working Windows 10.
Using the old software version: If you are using avast outdated OS, update it to fix the avast antivirus not working Windows 10. It is suggested to update the apps and services regularly to prevent issues with the antivirus.
Firewall or VPN: Occasionally, avast antivirus not working Windows 10 occurs if the system has a Firewall or VPN service. Having these apps on your system might stop avast from operating on the device. Deactivate the Windows temporarily and find the issue of why avast antivirus not working Windows 10.
Time to learn the easy fixes for avast not working with Windows 10.
Fix #1. Update Windows 10 And Avast Software
If your system doesn’t update regularly, it creates more problem & malfunctions in the applications. The main issue of avast antivirus not working Windows 10 is the outdated software. To overcome the avast firewall not working Windows 10 on your device, follow the below steps:
- Press the “Windows + I key” to open the “Settings” on the device
- From the list, click “Update & security”
- Choose “Windows update” on the left panel of the system screen
- Tap “Check for updates” button on the screen
- The device starts download the updated apps automatically
After the updating process, check and upgrade the avast antivirus program in the following ways:
- On the taskbar, right-click on the “Avast antivirus” option
- Select “Update”
- From the menu, tap “Click engine and virus” definitions
- Hold on until the update gets completed
- Once the update is downloaded, tap “Ok” button to exit the program
Fix #2. Restarting Avast Antivirus
Restarting avast solves avast antivirus not working Windows 10, which is simple for users to perform whenever they find the issues with avast. After restarting the device, it gives a fresh look and a smooth performance to the system.
Here are the ways to follow for restarting the avast antivirus:
- Open the run command, by pressing “Windows key+R” on the keyboard
- Type “services.msc” in the address bar then tap “OK”
- Now, find the avast antivirus service & right click on it
- Among the context menu, choose “Properties”
- From properties, switch “startup type” menu to “Automatic”
- Tap on “Start” button and click “Ok”
- Then, “Apply” to save your changes
After hitting the “Start” button, the below error message may appear on your screen:
“Windows 10 could not start the Avast Antivirus program service on the Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
If the above mentioned message appears on the screen, you need to note down these steps given below:
- Move to the “Log on” tab on the ‘Avast antivirus properties window only’ option
- Choose the “This account” option for “Log on as,” followed by selecting the “Browse” button
- Now, type the “Account’s name” on the “Enter object name to select” box
- Then, click “Check name.” Hold on until the desired name for ready to use
- Tap on the “Ok” button, and enter the “Password” in the text box when the prompt appears
Fix #3. Repair Avast Antivirus Program
The avast setup wizard repairs the installation when the avast firewall not working Windows 10 appears. This step will fix or displace the program files missing from the system. Hence, repairing the avast will solve the avast antivirus not working Windows 10.
- With “Administrator account,” log in to the system because this step requires the administrator account to start the process
- After logging in, ensure there should be no apps or programs running in the system. If you notice any programs, close them to avoid delay in installation.
- Right-click on the “Windows start” button and choose “Apps and features” from the list given
- From the left panel on the screen, choose “Apps & Features” and find your “Avast free Antivirus version”
- Now, tap the “Uninstall” option
- Click “Yes” when the “User account control” option prompts the permission to uninstall
- Subsequently, the “Avast setup” wizard appears & then click on the repair option.
- When the message appears on the screen, click the “Yes” button to permit the installation repair process of the avast program
- Wait until the process complete. At the end, tap “Done” or click “Restart computer”
Fix #4. Examine Avast Installation
If the avast app is installed correctly, it appears on the “Apps and features” on your device. When avast not working after Windows 10 update, check the app for the proper installation.
- Right-click the “Windows start menu” on the screen
- From the menu list, choose “Apps and features”
- If the “avast” program doesn’t appear on the screen, the app doesn’t installed appropriately.
In such cases, you have to download and reinstall it again. Let’s check the program whether installed correctly or not.
Fix #5. Perform The Clean Install Process
Executing the install process fixes all the system solution including that the avast not working with Windows 10. It is pretty easy to perform a proper installation process. Also, acknowledge that the tip delete the cache files and other system-related data.
Here are the ways to carry out the installation process:
- First, download the latest version of “Avast installation” by going to the “download page of avast” and clicking free download for PC
- Along with that, download “uninstallation utility-avastclear” and save it on the computer
- Once you have downloaded the file, turn off the internet connection and boot into the “Safe mode”
- To open the “Run” dialog box, press “Windows + R keys” simultaneously
- Access the “System Configuration” window by typing “msconfig” in the dialog box and clicking “Ok”
- After that, boot your computer to safe mode by restarting the device
- Now, you can run avast’s uninstallation utility program and find Avast’s installation location. Navigate through the “File explorer” to find the exact folder
- With the standard setup, tap “remove” and restart your system
Fix #6. Execute The Clean Boot
If your system struggles with avast antivirus not working Windows 10, carry out the “Clean boot” process. This procedure with the Windows 10 background process helps users identify the system’s issues. Because Windows 10 requires only the essential files to run your device.
- Long press the “Windows + R” keys to open the “Windows Run Dialog box”
- In the prompted box, type “misconfig” and select “Ok” to open “System configuration”
- Choose the “Services tab” from the system configuration window, and examine the “Hide all Microsoft devices” box
- Then, click the “Disable All” button
- After that, move to the “startup tab” and select “Open task manager”
- Check if any process runs on the tab; if not, choose the “close” button.
- Now, right-click on all the “Tasks” and tap the “Disable” option
- At last, select the “Ok” button in the “System Configuration” window and restart the device quickly
Avast antivirus not working Windows 10 is a rare problem among Windows users. Try the above fixes to solve the avast firewall not working Windows 10. Ensure that you should update your device frequently which prevents the hardware & software issue. Also, protect your Windows 10 from over heat & dust will help to such kind of issues.