Undoubtedly, LG is a big name among other Smart TV manufacturers, offering more features such as Dolby Vision IQ, Active HDR, Quad Core Processor, etc. Anyways, frequent LG TV WiFi turned off problems will not allow you to access the internet on your device. Throughout the article, you can see the basic & advanced fixes for LG Smart TV WiFi turned off.
Followed by checking the settings of WiFi, date & time, location, and DNS to eliminate the WiFi connectivity issues on your television, you will have to power cycle your device as the first resort to fix LG TV WiFi turned off repeatedly. Moreover, try an ethernet cable instead of a wireless connection to restore the WiFi network on your device. You can also use streaming devices as an alternative resource for gaining access to OTT platforms & apps on your TV.
Table Of Contents
- LG TV WiFi Turned Off: Ultimate Fixes
- Turn Off & On The LG TV
- Modify WiFi Settings
- Set the Correct Date & Time
- Change The Location Manually
- Adjust DNS Settings
- Make Use Of Ethernet Cable
- Do Factory Reset
- Toggle Off Quick Start/ Simplink
- Analyze The WiFi Router
- Reboot The WiFi Network Router
- Update TV Software
- Use A Streaming Device
- Quick Note To Turn On The WiFi On LG TV:
- Switch WiFi Network On Your LG TV (Without A Remote): Bonus Topic
Turn Off & On The LG TV
Unluckily, there is no button for hard resetting your television, so try this manual method to fix the WiFi issue on your TV.
- Unplug the TV’s power cable from the wall socket
- Wait for a couple of minutes before replugging
This technique is also known as power cycling the LG TV. It is very simple, yet can do great things on your TV. In other words, the above steps could reset your TV, thereby fixing the bugs & errors on your device software.
Modify WiFi Settings
At some point, smart TV WiFi issue occurs automatically due to technical errors. So, reconnect the TV to the WiFi network for accessing the internet on your device via WiFi. Turn off and on the TV by following the previous method & also restart your WiFi router (press & hold the power button for up to 30 seconds).
- Open Settings on your LG TV
- Click on the “Network” tab
- Then, tap the left navigate button on your remote & choose your WiFi network
- Provide your WiFi password & click “Connect.”
Set The Correct Date & Time
Sometimes, an incorrect date and time on your device might affect the LG TV’s function. Focus on setting the correct date & time of your location to get rid of LG smart TV WiFi turned off problem. Check out the steps below to set the correct configurations
- Open the device’s Settings
- Click the General tab
- Then, tap on the “Date & Time” option
- Tap once on the box next to “Set Automatically.”
- Now, you can set the date and time by yourself
Change The Location Manually
How will this technique work? Follow the simple steps mentioned here to change the device location that clears the LG TV WiFi turned off issue.
- Go to LG TV Settings
- Then, click “General” Menu
- Open the “LG Services Country” option
- Toggle off the “Set Location Automatically” feature
- Now you can select any country except the formerly selected one
- Click “Yes” to save the location
At last, you need to restart your LG TV to test whether this method is effective in resolving the problem.
Adjust DNS Settings
Modifying the DNS(Domain Name System) settings is vital in rectifying LG TV WiFi turned off. Stick to the following steps to edit DNS settings
- Click Menu > Settings
- Go to All Settings
- Tap on the Network option
- Press the “WiFi Connection”
- Select “Advanced WiFi Settings”
- Click the “Edit” button
- Provide your WiFi router’s IP address(you can check the white label on your router for IP range)
- Also, type the network mask of your router in the WiFi Settings
- Then, click the “Connect” button
Similar to the other servers, DNS could also deal with issues. You can manually set the DNS settings to restore the LG TV WiFi connection. Fortunately, Google has free DNS servers like 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124, and you can download them. After completing the above steps, use Google’s free DNS Servers for your LG TV WiFi connection.
Make Use Of Ethernet Cable
Use the ethernet cable as an alternative for connecting the WiFi network to the LG Smart TV. In addition to having a direct connection to the TV, an ethernet achieves higher speed than a wireless network. Your WiFi router should be reachable from the TV to establish an ethernet connection.
- Take the ethernet cable & connect any side of the cable to the LG TV ethernet port
- Plugin another end of the cable to your WiFi router
- Tap the “Settings” button on your TV remote
- Then, head to “All Settings.”
- Click on the “Network” option
- Select “Wired Connection”
- Wait for a second to see “connected” to your WiFi network
Then, you can access the network on your LG Smart TV & stream your favourite shows.
LG TV WiFi Turned Off: Do Factory Reset
Even though this is a simple method, it deletes all the settings on your device & reverts to the default settings. Anyhow you can do the reset as the last hope to fix the LG TV WiFi connection. Remember that you may have the risk of losing the device settings on your LG TV.
- Head to “Home” on your LG TV
- Open the Device Settings
- Go to “General Menu”
- Tap the “Reset To Initial Settings” option
- Click “Confirm” to initiate the Reset
Then, you can again set up your device’s WiFi settings & connect it to the available WiFi network. Now, check whether the WiFi not connecting TV is fixed, if not, move on to the following methods
Toggle Off Quick Start/ Simplink
After performing all the above techniques, try this simple trick on your device settings to restore TV WiFi condition. Ensure that you’re following the step-by-step guide given below
- Open the LG TV Settings
- Click All Settings
- Tap on the “General” option
- Disable “Quick Start/ Simplink” on your LG TV
Once you’ve completed the steps above, restart your device and see if the LG Smart TV WiFi turned off is resolved.
Analyse The WiFi Router
Here are some essential considerations to follow while connecting the WiFi network to the TV
- Check if any other internet-oriented devices are connected to your WiFi network
- Recheck the WiFi password to establish the WiFi network
- Analyse your WiFi frequency, because a poor or a very strong connectivity could leave in a problematic situation
- If there is any interference in your surroundings, you can have the WiFi turned off issue on your TV
Reset The WiFi Network Router
The reset button varies according to the router models & it allows you to rectify your LG TV WiFi turned off. To find the reset button on your WiFi router, look behind your device (usually, you can press it by using a pin or needle). Here is how to reset the wifi network router
- Press & hold it for up to 30 seconds
- Then, release the button
- Wait a minute for the router to turn on
After resetting your device, you must wait a couple of minutes to connect the TV to the WiFi. Also, unplug the power cord of the router and hold on for a minute to plug it back again to restart your WiFi router.
Update TV Software To Fix LG TV WiFi Turned Off
LG TV manufacturers release updates that include patches for several issues with your device. Updating your TV software will wipe out all the bugs & also fixes LG TV WiFi turned off issue.
- Open Settings>General Menu
- Click the “About This TV” option
- Enable the “Allow Automatic Update” feature
- Tap on the “Check For Updates” button
- Click any updates on the screen & install them
After updating the software, restart your LG TV to see the visible improvements on your device. Though, check whether the LG Smart TV WiFi turned off is rectified.
Use A Streaming Device
When fixing TV WiFi issue, use streaming gadgets like Firestick, Roku, and Apple TV to access apps & channels. You can use this as an optional method for LG TV WiFi turned off. However, it is cheaper to buy a streaming device in case of hardware error on your LG TV’s WiFi module.
Quick Note To Turn On The WiFi On LG TV:
Additionally, LG TV network issues are due to faults in setting up your WiFi connection. So here is a quick guide to set up a WiFi connection on your LG TV. It is crucial to follow the steps below while establishing a new WiFi network on your TV. Luckily, this technique could prevent the LG TV WiFi turned off issue. Above all, make sure to On your WiFi router
- Tap the “SMART” button on your remote
- Head to the Home Menu
- Select Settings & click Ok
- Click the “Network” option
- Then, tap on WIFI Connection
- Find & connect your WiFi network to the LG TV
- Provide your WiFi password to establish the internet
- Then, click the “Connect” button
You can set up your WiFi connection on the TV from the above steps to get rid of LG Smart TV WiFi turned off issues.
Switch WiFi Network On Your LG TV (Without A Remote): Bonus Topic
When your remote is not working LG TV, you can follow this alternative method to make a WiFi connection on your device
- You can use either a wired or wireless mouse & connect it to your LG TV
- Click the “Physical” button on your TV (generally, you can see it on the bottom of the TV)
- The list of options prompts; now use the mouse to tap on the “Input” option
- This redirects to the new tab; select “Live TV.”
- Go to the Menu(usually on the TV’s right screen)
- Select the recommended one in the channel icon
However, the notification shows, “you are not connected,” go through the steps below on the network settings tab
- Tap on router “SSID” & provide your WiFi password
- Click “Save” to make changes to your LG TV WiFi settings
If you find the WiFi network is not connected to your TV, the problem might be with the networking equipment. From this article, you can repair your WiFi router using the “Reboot The WiFi Network Router” technique.
In summary, this article comprises simple tricks, followed by the best strategies to fix LG TV WiFi turned off conditions. Sometimes, you must repair the WiFi module on your LG TV to fix the network issue solemnly. It should be noted that the connection wires of the module might be the baddie in the story. Moreover, use a compatible screwdriver to open the TV’s back door to see the WiFi module. Find & locate the ribbon cable over the WiFi module, then remove the blue tape around it. Now, unfold the bends over the ribbon cable on the LG TV’s WiFi module. Furthermore, if you have expertise in technology, you can do it alone. Or else, get technical support from the LG Store to fix the LG Smart TV WiFi turned off.