Windows 10 was launched in 2015, afterward Microsoft released its new updates in October 2020. These updates help to improve the OS, windows security, and overall performance. Unfortunately, this update was not as successful as we expected. A lot of complaints from people like my Slow After Windows 10 Update, my windows not working properly, etc.
There are a lot of reasons behind Slow After Windows 10 Update. The vital reasons are apps running in the background, system files corrupted, broken files during updates, OS issues, and much more.
Here we listed out “why is my computer running slow after Windows 10 upgrade?” and how to fix it instantly.
#1: Check Apps Running on Back Screen
Running apps on the back screen is just a common issue for Windows 10 slow after update. Most apps are essential for security reasons, protecting OS, files, and overall system performance. Bear in mind that all the apps aren’t useful every time. If you use third-party software on your system, it runs continuously until you have to close the apps. It may affect the storage memory, disk usage, etc.
Do you think about how to resolve the computer slow after windows 10 update issues? Shutting down your PC for some time helps to make your windows fast and improve the system performance.
Here are the steps for windows 10 running slow after upgrade:
- Go to the Settings App
- Click settings -> Privacy -> scroll down the mouse cursor -> Find Background apps and then click it
- From the list, select the apps that run on the back screen. Switch off the rest of the apps which you don’t want.
Try this method to sort out your issue instantly and rectify your pc running slow after the windows 10 update.
#2: Repair Corrupted Files Makes Computer Slow After Windows 10 Update
Sometimes, unstable internet connection or issues will be a reason for the computer so slow after Windows 10 update because files may be missed while updating. Here is the main reason for your system performance low and slowing down.
You can resolve these issues using tools like System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM). It helps to find out the issued files and sort out the problem. Try to rectify the windows 10 very slow after upgrade issues ASAP.
Here we mentioned the steps on how to use the tools:
- Go to the start button -> Type command prompt (you can see various results) -> then right click the Command Prompt app -> tap “Run as administrators” – allow
- In the console on command prompt -> “type SFC /scan now and Enter (now starts scanning)
- If the scan is complete, then restart your computer.
If you face the same problem after the SFC, move on to the DISM tool. It’s effortless to use and sort out the error quickly.
- Go to the start -> Type “command prompt” right click on the command prompt, then click “Run administrator -> allow permissions
- In this console, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Check Health and then press Enter
- If you can’t find any corrections, go to the advanced move -> As same as in command prompt, type Dism/Online /Cleanup-Image /Scan Health
- The steps mentioned above show damaged or corrupted files, and you have to replace all the files immediately
- If you want to download the corrupted files, type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /restore health
- Restart your computer and get a better experience
#3: Roll Back Updates on Windows
Do you think that the new upgrade cause Windows 10 slow?
If yes, use the roll-back option to enhance your speed performance. Microsoft has an in-built option to use this method. Try to know why Windows 10 is slow after upgrading.
These are the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to settings -> Tap update & security -> Click Windows Update from the list
2. Swipe the windows update and see the “View Update History.” In this scenario, click “Uninstall updates” at the top.
3. This list consists of all the installed windows updates on your computer. Find and uninstall the windows update at a time
4. Now, Tap -> Reboot.
After trying this step, your windows 10 system performance might be high after updation.
#4: Restoring a Windows System Makes Computer Slow After Windows 10 Update
Windows system restore is an excellent option that takes Windows back to an old time when it worked well. It is often used when Windows has a bug or isn’t working right, and you need to go back to a time when everything was working perfectly. Here, you can use the system restore option to return Windows to the way it was before the update.
Following the below steps to work on windows system restore:
- Go to the start menu and type ‘system restore,’ and choose ‘select restore point.’
- Now, the system properties box will appear on the screen
- Click system protection and tap system restore
Important Note: If you can’t be able to click this button, your system doesn’t have a restore point. So, you can’t be able to restore it
- Tap “Next.” Now, choose a restore point and tap “Scan for affected programs” to confirm the apps which not been removed
- Click “Next,” start to restore, and hit “Finish.”
After the system restore is complete, your system will be restored to the initial condition at the time of the last backup.
Note: The last thing you can do if Windows 10 is running slowly is to use Windows reset and start over. But be careful, because this is a nuclear option that will put your computer back to how it was when you first bought it.
#5: Make a Clean Boot
You can start your computer with the fewest drivers and startup programs for a clean boot. It helps you figure out which new applications are causing problems in your system.
Here are the tips for how can do a clean boot:
- In the menu bar, type in ‘MS Config’ and choose System Configuration App.
- In the services tab, choose to Hide all Microsoft Services and tab on Disable All.
- Under the tab, select “Open Task Manager.”
- In the startup section, disable all the apps listed out here. You can right-click the background process and choose to disable it from the menu.
- Close the Task Manager.
- On the tab of system configuration, click “OK.”
After performing all steps, you will be good knowledge to get started with the clean boot. Simply reboot your PC or desktop, and the clean boot will begin.
Conclusion – computer is running slow after windows 10 update
Having your computer runs slow after windows 10 update is a big glitch for all working people, and you might have to deal with it at some point. Hopefully, one of the above solutions got your PC back to the way it used to work. The ways as mentioned above can do to speed up and improve the performance of your PC or Desktop.